What is a podcast?
A podcast is an audio file you can subscribe to, automatically download, and listen to on a computer or portable digital music player. The term podcast is a combination of iPod and broadcast - but an iPod-style music player is not required.
Once you have subscribed to a podcast, each new episode of the podcast (typically an MP3 or AAC file) is automatically downloaded to your computer, where you can then listen to the file or transfer it to a portable music player such as an iPod.
It's all available for free. All you need is a computer with an internet connection - an iPod is strictly optional.
How do I subscribe to the CCKF Podcast?
The easiest way to subscribe to our podcast is to use iTunes (version 9x or later) - the latest version of iTunes is here.
Once you have your podcast software installed, copy and paste this URL into your podcasting tool: http://www.ccklamathfalls.com/library/podcast.xml
- Launch iTunes.
- In the Advanced menu, select Subscribe To Podcast....
- Type the following into the window:
and click OK.
- Click the Podcasts item on the left side of iTunes (under Source) to see your Podcast playlist, including the newly subscribed CCKF Podcast.
- Next to the new podcast subscription, you will see an orange circle, which indicates that iTunes is downloading the most recent study from CCKF.
- When the orange circle disappears, you will see a list of all the episodes of the CCKF Podcast and a check next to the most recent study, indicating that it has been successfully downloaded.
- Double-click on the episode to play it in iTunes.
- Press the Get button to download past episodes of the CCKF Podcast.
- Future episodes of the CCKF Podcast will appear in this list after they have been automatically downloaded by iTunes.